Les ardentes - Logo

6-7-8-9 july 23
Liège, Be

Les Ardentes festival was forced to cancel Sunday.

Les Ardentes festival was forced to cancel Sunday.

Although the violent thunderstorms forecast by the IRM (Institut Royal Météorologique de Belgique) finally avoided Liège, these extreme code orange forecasts prevented us from opening the festival on Sunday. This decision was taken by the authorities to ensure everyone's safety. Which is the most important thing for us too.

We understand your frustration and you can hardly imagine ours.
A festival like Les Ardentes takes a whole year of preparation to welcome you for 4 days in the best possible conditions.

We were so pleased to see your enthusiasm for our new facilities, our new stages and our entire line-up. We were all dreaming of a grand finale on Sunday.

We're already gearing up for 2024! We'll be back soon and we'll be back even stronger.

Ticketing information will be available later this week. The cashless refund procedure remains unchanged and will run as planned from Monday July 10 at 12:00 until July 24 at 23:59.
Keep your wristband for this.

In addition, here is the press release from the coordination committee detailing the decision taken:

The IRM warning this morning placed the Province of Liège on orange alert between 1pm and 7pm, with thunderstorms accompanied by rainfall totals of 20 to 40l/m² in 1 hour, or very locally even more, hailstones up to 4 or 5 cm in diameter and strong gales of up to 90 km/h or very locally more. Damage is possible following heavy rain, lightning, hail and gale force winds. The presence and size of hailstones justify a switch to code orange.

In view of the catastrophic forecasts announced this morning by the IRM and the precautionary principle, the communal phase was activated this morning in the presence of all disciplines (Fire Brigade, Medical, Police, Civil Protection and Communication) and the Ardentes organizers.

Festival-goers were asked to stay away from the Ardentes site, campers were evacuated and those unable to return home were sheltered in the Kinepolis and Cora parking lots.

With the risk averted, the communal phase was lifted at 5:30pm.
Campers unable to return home are invited to return to the Ardentes campsite to spend the night.